The Bible Society of Uganda
Terms and Conditions
In these terms and conditions, “BSU” will mean The Bible Society of Uganda and the “Customer” will mean any person, firm, company or body which places an order or accesses the Organisation’s website to give a gift or get information.
Please read these terms and conditions carefully before using the site.
By using the site or any part of it, you agree that you have read these terms and conditions and that you accept and agree to be bound by them.
General terms and conditions
- BSU shall make every effort to ensure that prices, details and sizes of products on this website and other sites owned by BSU are up to date. Prices are subject to change without prior notice and all orders are subject to BSU’s acceptance at its sole discretion and stock availability.
- BSU shall make every effort to ensure products displayed on the website/s are in stock. If from time to time products become out of stock, the Company reserves the right to offer alternative product/s to the Customer of similar value and style.
- Prices charged for purchases on this website may be different from those charged in our stores.
- The prices charged are those applicable on the day you order.
- All orders are subject to confirmation of final availability and BSU reserves the right to reject the order in the event that any of the products requested are unavailable. In the event that we are unable to fulfill any of the products or services in the Customer’s order, we will notify the Customer by phone or email before delivery.
- You are required to register before placing any order through this website. During the registration:
- You must provide us with accurate, complete and up to date registration information;
- You must safeguard your username and password;
- You authorize us to assume that any person using the site with your username and password is either you or is authorized to act for you;
- BSU has the absolute discretion to refuse registration of a potential customer and to terminate the registration of any customer for any reason whatsoever.
- You must inform us immediately of any changes to the information that you provided so that we can communicate with you effectively.
Damage of Goods
- The Customer is requested to examine the goods immediately upon delivery for any deficiencies and/or damages. Claims (if any) must be lodged to our email (email@example.com) at the time of delivery, otherwise we shall have the discretion to refuse your claim after delivery.
Return and Order Cancellation Policy
- It is the receiver’s responsibility to check the condition of any goods received, at the time of delivery.
- Goods sold, cannot be returned, except in cases where there is an error. In such a case BSU will not give a cash refund for the product returned but a replacement of the same unless there is no replacement in stock.
- Return/Replacement is only available when valid original receipt is provided.
- Refund will be credited into Customer’s credit card account within 4 weeks upon confirmation; or deducted the refund amount of your next order.
- In the event that the Customer would like to claim a refund or return, please use firstname.lastname@example.org
- To cancel the order, please contact our sales Team, latest by 24 hours before the order is shipped out
- BSU shall not be liable for any delay or failure in its performance caused by or resulting from acts of God, fire, flood, accident, riot, war, government intervention, embargoes, strikes, labor difficulties, equipment failures, or any other causes beyond the control of BSU.
- All product prices listed are in Ugandan Shillings and USD.
- Product payments will be processed directly by Jambo Pay Payment Gateway in Ugandan
Shillings or USD using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
- Donations will be processed by both Jambo Pay and Stripe Payment gateways in UGX and USD using SSL technology.
- Credit card numbers are protected with a high level of encryption when transmitted over the Internet. BSU does not have access to your credit card details.
- Jambo Pay and Stripe accept payment by Visa, Master Card etc.
- The Customer’s offer to purchase and/or donate made on www.biblesociety-uganda.org and its sub domains plus related sites owned by BSU shall be subject to our sole discretion and may not be accepted subject to the availability of stock. A final and conclusive invoice will be presented to the Customer upon delivery.
- BSU may from time to time set credit limits for individual customers and BSU reserves the right to limit sales including the right to decline sales to any customers.
- BSU reserves the right to change the payment terms for any order without prior notice.
- Our first option is usually self-pickup of Bibles by customers.
- A delivery cost shall however be calculated according to destination of the Bibles for customers who want their goods delivered. Kindly confirm the delivery charges before you place the order through email@example.com
- Orders will be dispatched as soon as possible. The earliest delivery time would be the same day, or the latest within 7 days.
- For bulk purchases of more than one case, we will confirm the delivery day with the Customer directly.
- We reserve the right to charge an additional delivery fee if the recipient is not available to accept delivery at the nominated delivery time.
- It is the responsibility of the Customer to notify BSU immediately of any change to their delivery address.
- We reserve the right to decline delivery of goods to any customer at our sole discretion absolutely.
- BSU is dedicated to safeguarding your privacy. We allow you to provide as much personal information as you feel comfortable providing.
- BSU shall not issue personal information about a customer to any third party, except as expressly permitted by you or required by law or court order. We take all reasonable steps to protect your privacy.